Exchange Setup Guide
iPhone | iPad | iPod Touch
Setting up an Exchange account on your Apple iOS device has never been faster or easier. This guide contains step-by-step instructions that will allow you to walk through the entire setup process from start to finish.
Why Exchange on your mobile device?
Exchange setup on your mobile device allows you to take advantage of the automatic syncing of your mail, contacts, and calendars with Outlook and Webmail. Meaning that an email, contact, calendar entry or even inbox folder, added or deleted in your Outlook or Webmail, will automatically be added or deleted from each of your mobile devices. The reverse is also true. an email, contact, or calendar entry that is added or deleted on your mobile device will be automatically added or deleted from your Outlook and Webmail. This automatic, seamless syncing allows you to always have the most up to date version of your Exchange mailbox. Whether at work on your Outlook, at home on Webmail, or on the road with your mobile device you are always connected.
To begin our setup of Exchange email on the Apple iOS device choose “Settings” from the home screen.’
1. If you are setting up a Iphone or a 3/4G Ipad, Please turn off WIFI before attempting activation
2. Go to Settings
3. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
4. Choose “add account.”
5. Select “Microsoft Exchange.”
6. You will now see a prompt for your Email Address, Password and Account Description
7. A new screen will appear requesting more information.
Enter the Following information that was provided by Metisentry:
Email Address: [email protected]
User Name: yourusername
Note: If you do not see a “server” field on the screen, simply enter the settings it asks for and click next. The following screen will have an option to enter the server.
8. Setup will complete and will now ask you to choose the data you would like to sync. You may choose Mail, Contacts, Calendar, Reminders or Notes or all five.
Note: You cannot sync Contacts and Calendars from both Exchange and iTunes. You must choose one or the other. The iPhone will delete your old entries when you enable this.
9. Choose “Save”. Your setup has now completed. Please allow some time for the data to synchronize.