Are you ready to leverage your engineering skills, deep systems architecture experience and people skills to make a dramatic impact? Do you enjoy evangelizing technologies and seek an environment where every day is a new challenge? Do you take great pride in delighting the customer, solving complex programs for your client base and demonstrating the ROI of the solutions you represent?
If you answered yes to those questions we would love to talk to you about joining our team. Come grow with Metisentry and build your career in Systems Engineering within the hi-tech industry.
Our Lead Systems Engineer will collaborate with clients to build their enterprise strategy and implement highly scalable and secure hardware and software platforms to help them realize the value of their technology. You will know you have been successful when your customers successfully go from ideation to implementation to operationalization of their systems.
Imagine what you can do when ideas and freedom take flight to create the things that clients need, from applying open source technologies to leading technical staff through mission-critical technology applications. You will be called upon to bring ideas to life, leveraging engineers on the team to efficiently resolve design issues, improve design quality and share high quality information, best practices, and processes. To do this, we need exceptional people on our team; People that want to be at the cutting edge of network, cloud and software technology that is literally shaping the way society lives.
Let’s find out what we can do together.
- Lead a team of engineers and technical staff
- Participates in project reviews and meetings to gather information/knowledge on customer requirements and product functionality
- Manage and grow IT infrastructure and operations including website, servers, web development, new product development and internal systems. Goals include 99.999% uptime, server/systems consolidation efforts, manage our backup solution, and ensure high performance out of our datacenters
- Work with our sales group to design and implement solutions for customers and users.
- Develop and implement effective internal systems supporting Technical Operations, Marketing, and Sales
- Mentor engineers and offer advice and assistance on a variety of topics – from Linux and system architecture to sales and customer service
- Bachelor degree in computer science/related field or relevant IT implementation experience
- Experience designing and architecting High Availability Systems. Experience with designing and administering various flavors of Linux, Apache, DHCP/DNS and Microsoft Windows Server
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills. Highly developed oral and written communication and presentation skills. Supervisory experience
- Familiar with IT industry standards and frameworks
- Possess a commitment and dedication to customer service
- Experience with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP), Apache configuration, Apache log parsing, MySQL config, and WordPress
- Knowledge of databases (preferably MySQL) and indexing/scalability techniques
- Knowledge of DNS fundamentals and network fundamentals, including diagnostics with Linux tools
- Knowledge of VMware fundamentals; Advanced experience a plus
- Experience with VoIP systems (Asterisk) preferred, but not necessary
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO OFFER
- Medical, vision, and dental insurances
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth
- Paid time off for vacations and sick leave
- Investments and exposure to new technology
- Be part of a growing, award winning, highly motivated team