We are currently seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to help take our organization to the next level.
The CTO is at the helm of our technical service teams. This position is responsible for aligning and advancing our services towards the overall business objectives, by providing leadership and guidance to our service teams. Operationally, the CTO manages the goals and practices for two coexisting teams:
- Managed Services – A team of expert Linux consultants, providing proactive maintenance and support to our customers
- Cloud & Hosting – The team that builds, manages, and operates our private and public cloud infrastructure on a variety of technologies
The ideal candidate would have deep Linux and VMware expertise, with experience managing a team of engineers, and solving business problems. To succeed in our secure, full stack infrastructure and software development company, you must enjoy keeping up to date with new technology and being part of a forward moving, growth oriented culture.
- Establish the company’s technical vision and assume responsibility for all technical infrastructure. This includes virtualization, server platforms, database administration, storage systems and networking.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and set timetables for the evaluation, development and deployment of services and products.
- Understand customer requirements, and work with service teams to fulfill their needs
- Manage and maintain internal and customer-facing cloud, server, and network infrastructure.
- Provide leadership that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Identify technology trends and assist inpositioning the business for success
- Oversee and maintain system consistency through regular audits or reviews
- Create new and revise existing documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Develop the service teams by giving regular feedback, conducting reviews and hiring new team members.
- Continually elevate a team of A-players.
- Automate, automate, automate!
- MIS, MS, MBA or 10+ years of related experience.
- Exposure to the hosting industry preferred.
- 5+ years of experience building and managing high-performing teams.
- Expert competence with Linux, Debian or RedHat/CentOS preferred.
- Development experience in open source languages is a plus (scripting or otherwise)
- Basic network design and administration
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Enthusiasm and ability to mentor less experienced team members with exceptional interpersonal skills and entrepreneurial personality.
WE HAVE THE FOLLOWING TO OFFER
- Medical, vision, and dental insurances
- Company-matching 401k, traditional or Roth.
- Bonus and incentive structures, to help us grow
- Paid time off for vacations and sick leave
- Investments and exposure to new technology
- An award winning team: Be part of a growing motivated team! Check out our awards. In the last 18 months, we’ve combined 5+ companies to grow this organization, and have no desire to slow down. We are looking for someone looking to join us on this journey!
Does Metisentry sound like the team for you? Think you’ve got what it takes? Tell us why in a cover letter sent with your resume to hr [at] metisentry.com. We look forward to hearing from you!